I am not really sure where to start this post other than to say I am a different person than I was a year ago. 2013 was such a good good year for me. I wrote in my journal at the beginning of the year that I had a feeling this would be a year of growing. Little did I know how true that was. I learned that when I go outside of my comfort zone amazing things can happen. I learned to love deeper. I caught a big glimpse of how much God loves me. I learned how to say no and develop self control. I learned that true friendship is about being selfless and loving people regardless of their actions. I learned and am continuing to learn who I am in Christ. I learned and am continuing to learn that others opinions of me don’t define me. and I learned so much more that I cannot even express.
Here are a few of the highlights from this year:
– I traveled to 6 states. This is HUGE for me. At this time last year, I had never flown on an airplane by myself and was terrified. I took a trip to California that changed it all for me. I was pushed in so many ways on that trip and I am thankful for that. I traveled to California, Michigan, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Minnisota, Missouri, and into Iowa for 5 minI traveled by plane, train, and automobile. It took me way outside of my comfort zone. I am a girl who is shy and love being home and was scared of traveling. But this year opened up so many things for me and travel is so much fun! My trips were so memorable and I loved all of the people I got to spend time with!
– I switched churches. I was feeling a lack of community and was lonely even though I was at a great church. I went back to the church I grew up in and it has been amazing. Community is so so important and I realize that now!
– I gained 2 mentors in my life. I always wanted to be mentored by a godly woman and I prayed someone would be in my life. Well this year God has brought two people and it has been amazing! Having older woman love, counsel, and pray over me has been so beneficial.
– My family went through some hard times. But God didn’t and isn’t wasting those hard times. We have grown so much closer together and learned to love each other no matter.
– I got a car! This was a big standout to me since my old car was pretty bad. I am so thankful to have the money for a reliable vechicle now
– In 2013 I took control my health. I took a long hard look at the broken parts in my life and how I was using food to fix that. God opened my eyes and completely changed my heart. This is a whole post in and of itself but I feel amazing. I have lost 45 pounds through a Paleo eating approach and lifestyle. The Lord has brought so much healing in my heart and I am gaining victory over a part of my life I never thought I could. This is not a fad but has truly been a lifestyle change and I cannot imagine how I even lived or ate before. It is so freeing not to approach this new year and resolve to be thin or lose a bunch of weight and then be disappointed in 2 weeks. I am continually working on a healthy lifestyle and that is been SO cool to see how God has taken over that area of my life!
Here are some instagrams over the months!
What a year! Thank you for all of you who are in my life. I am excited for the things 2014 will be and where God will lead me